Business Environment Council Limited (BEC) will host its flagship event, the EnviroSeries Conference on Thursday, 14 November 2019. With the theme of “Urban Transport of Tomorrow: Policies, People and Business Opportunities”, the Conference will serve as a platform for business leaders, government officials, entrepreneurs, innovators, academics and other interested individuals to envision an urban transport system of tomorrow that would enable a carbon neutral, people-centric and sustainable living environment in Hong Kong.
Hong Kong’s transport system is regarded internationally for its efficiency, reliability and diversity. Despite this competitive edge that Hong Kong currently holds, more needs to be done given the challenges we face. As Hong Kong embarks on a decarbonisation journey with the transport sector being an important part of it, now is the opportunity to re-think and re-engineer a transport system that delivers Hong Kong’s vision as a smart, sustainable, and resilient city: one that is low-carbon, people-centric, futuristic, while remaining efficient, reliable, safe and affordable. This EnviroSeries Conference is set to share and demonstrate business leadership and identify opportunities in technology and innovation that would contribute to the development of such urban transport system.
Among the confirmed speakers/guests are (as of today; arranged in order of appearance):
- Mr K.K. Ling, SBS, Director, Design Institute for Social Innovation, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- Mr Constant Van Aerschot, Director, Asia Pacific, World Business Council For Sustainable Development
- Mr Ivan Chung, JP, Deputy Director of Planning/Territorial, Planning Department, HKSAR Government
- Ms Sharon Liu, Chief Town Planning Manager, MTR Corporation
- Dr Kenneth Tang, Chairman, Spatial Data Infrastructure Committee, Smart City Consortium
- Ir T.C. Yee, Chairman, Sustainable Living Environment Advisory Group, Business Environment Council
- Ms Carrie Leung, Senior Engineer/Walkability, Transport Department, HKSAR Government
- Mr Philip Clarke, Digital Placemaking Director, The Oval Partnership
- Prof Alexis Lau, Professor, Division of Environment and Sustainability, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- Mr Nicholas Brooke, Chairman, Professional Property Services Limited
- Mr Simon Ng, Director – Policy & Research, Business Environment Council
- Dr Anthony Lo, Director – Corporate Customer Experience, CLP Power Hong Kong Limited
- Mr Daniel Weitze, Head of Digital Mobility, Siemens Mobility
- Mr Alexander Mastrovito, Head of Sustainable Transport Solutions, Scania
More speakers to be announced
Date: 14 November 2019 (Thursday)
Time: 9:15 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Venue: The Mira Hong Kong
Details and registration: https://bec.org.hk/events-current/bec-enviroseries-conference-nov-2019